Artists are invited to respond to a material prompt which they will receive in an envelope via snail mail
New artists may contact Dawn at any time in order to be matched with participating artists.
#CasPostItExchange seeks to extend CAS dialogue beyond its Associate Artists to a wide group of creative practitioners. It encourages peer exchange, and invites unexpected outcomes, entanglements and intra-actions between artist and an object or material.
Artists will collaboratively produce an online record of interactions, entanglements and responses as a result of the articles/material[s] received.
The use of a specific hash tag #CasPostItExchange, will allow all work to be collected for curation, while highlighting each artists engagement in this ongoing experiment.
How to participate in CAS PostIT Exchange:
- Contact Dawn Evans with your expression of interest. She will connect you to a participating artist.
- Associate Artists will each place an object or material inside an envelope [including their own address] and post the envelope to an artist from another studio group.
- Once received there are multiple possibilities for the recipient to re invent, repurpose, re work the article/ material and bring about an unexpected result.
- The receiving artist will photograph his/her work and upload to his/her INSTAGRAM account using the hash tag #CasPostItExchange
- The receiving artist will reciprocate with his/her sender by posting material to the originating sender who will similarly share their response on Instagram with the hash tag #CasPostItExchange.
The tagged images with be collected and displayed on the CAS PostIT Exchange webpage. CAS will evaluate the pilot project, and explore ways of extending the invitation to a wider audience, in a more organic way.
Participating artists are welcome to continue working with the format through 2017, and including the hashtag #CASPostItExchange on their instagram posts. We look forward to seeing the online collection growing as more artists take part.
Contact Dawn Evans today, to get started.
The first round…
CAS Associate Artists paired with participating artists 24th Feb.
Associates to post material/s object whatever they wish to send….out to participating artist in week 27th Feb- 5th March
Dawn will ask the participating artist to post a return envelope between 10th March and 17th March. [before if they are able]
We would like to see artist responses being uploaded to Instagram by 21st of April.
By the end of April we will know if the practicalities work, make adjustments as needed and begin widening the reach of the experiment.
The PostIt Exchange will be ongoing…
New artists may contact Dawn at any time up to March 31 in order to be matched with participating artists.
Dawn Evans, @dawnevansartist
Maija Liepins, @maijaliepins
Clarisse Wisser, @kularisu
Peter Driver, @driverpeter
Kimvi Nguyen, @kimvi_nguyen
Laurence Rushby @rushbylaurence
Helen Northcott @helen_northcott
Marian Piper @marion_piper
Lindall Pearce @lindallpearce
Gill Gregory @gillgregoryis
Art Space, Southsea
Mike Bartlett @mikebartlett17
Aldobranti Fosco-Fornio @aldobranti
Suzanna Raymond @srfirehorseart
Karen Wood @kbwoodnews
Karen Wicks @iacartroom
Norma Foulds @nfoulds_
Jaqueline Bonnin @jaqueline_bonnin
Beth Davis-Hofbauer @liveartlocal
Carol Capper @capper.carol