Artists Questions for Daily Reflection
These questions were chosen by me at the outset of this project for (but not limited to) week 3.
- What hegemonic structures are present?
- What hegemonic narratives are present?
- What is the prevailing hegemonic structure?
- Are we in or out?
- Who is “we”?
- What roles have you consciously or unconsciously identified with?
- What conflicts and tensions have you observed?
– in which I ask Isaac Whitcombe these questions
The questions were inspired by the following quotes from Mouffe’s essay ‘Artistic Activism, Agnostic Spaces’
- “Properly political questions always involve decisions which require us to make a choice between conflicting alternatives”
- “Identities are never pre-given but are always the result of a process of identification”.
- “The production of subjectivity becomes a terrain of the central conflict”